I am glad to hear you shifting more into resolving the issues between you and your wife.
I am going to give you some thoughts on what you wrote:
What you are describing in the beginning of this is you seem to choose women you can help. This is a very common thing amongst males, I see that pattern in my own husband. Or at least used to before the context of that wore of by the longevity of the marriage.
Around here was call it Knight In Shining Armor syndrome (KISA), but I don’t think it’s really a disorder, it’s only a problem when it is a factor in affairs. So we talk about it differently. My husband had an affair as well and it was very much KISA based. He wanted to feel vital and needed and I get it.
However, in your wife’s case, she doesn’t want you to solve her problem. The truth is I was also sexually abused and the stats on SA is very underreported but most women I know have experienced some degree of it.
When I started therapy after my affair, ai didn’t even think to bring it up and we were many sessions in when the therapist asked me about it. And it actually startled me. I said "oh yes, by different people starting when I was five" and she was like"and you do not think it effected you?" And I had to do some work around getting that all out and looking at it.
The results were that the major way it affected me was similiar- I did not see it as a loving expression, I saw it as a physical experience I enjoyed. But I also saw how it contributed to some promiscuity in my youth, and how that compounded into shame about myself.
And I want to be clear, I do not think of shame as an emotion. It’s an underlying belief that I was "bad" in some way. Or damaged.
And what shame does is often blocks your ability to be vulnerable out of fear of non-acceptance, or feeling unlovable, etc.
So with that background, I am going to advise you to side step the trauma for now. I would even side step the sex is an experrseion of love conversation right now.
What I would recommend is approaching her with a need of deeper connection. I would frame it I your existing issue- there is marital damage based on your other relationship and I think in that way she understands work to repair is needed. Keeping it under that umbrella posts little more emphasis on you, but I think that would provide some emotional safety for what I think could be a good next step.
There is a book I read early in my journey that helped me identify how I was blocking myself from connection. There was some great material on how hard it is to be vulnerable and why, and how to practice being braver within your relationship allowing for greater connection to be possible.
The book is called "Rising Strong" by Brene brown.
I would buy the book or audio book and read it under the premise that it was recommended as a way to illustrate ways of regaining connection, and you see that maybe as a good way to start an awareness between you and her and a basis in which to talk about things more.
Read a chapter at a time and discuss it. I think it will help conversations surrounding this come up, and if not I think at the very least it may get her mind working.
Another thing we did around that time was there was this game that DR Gottman came up with and he uses in his marital workshops. We used it to start talking to each other more about each others inner worlds. I think you can buy the cards or there may also be a phone app.
I know this is very indirect for handling the situation but I think it starts opening a dialogue that can help you bond and think about issues together.
Also because SA is secretive by master, we are groomed so much to bury it. After all these years I don’t think it’s something that can get unpacked all at once. Forcing her to confront it is too radical.
I want to also tell you that by strengthening our connection, it did change how we make love together. I do now see it as maybe the deepest expression of love. So what you would like to see is completely possible.
The truth is her healing doesn’t have to confront the trauma. She only needs to start seeing ways the trauma hinders her from fulfillment and that is possible without facing it all head on at once. Simply start with the book and practice new skills of connection and allow her to see that those things are safe. You also must recognize you may need to go slow in getting the book finished because she isn’t just mad at you, right now you have introduced an idea that you may not be emotionally safe for her because of the feelings of betrayal. So be sure to be sensitive to providing as much emotional safety as you explore these topics as possible.
Back off on the therapists and tools or trying to fix. Instead, engage, connect, and provide emotional vulnerability and safety.